16.4.11

Plateau

I can't seem to stop maintaining! I am 144.1 lbs again today. I'm sick of it! Why am I stuck at this weight? It's too big! I want it to be lower, lower, lower. I was so happy with my continuing loss, and now I've been stuck since what... Wednesday? I'm sick of it! What am I doing wrong? Eating too little? Eating too much? Not exercising enough? It's raining today... yet another barrier to my walking plans. And roommate is still home, so I still can't use my stair stepper. Maybe I'll go for a walk in the rain anyway. I won't melt. But I'd really rather not, all the same...

I just can't think of what else to do. Why is my weight loss stuck? I would go buy a bunch of lettuce and mushrooms and other super low-cal foods to munch on, but as I said, I broke my meal card. I don't know if the office is open today or not ― should I walk over to the administration building on the other side of campus just to see if they're open? Should I go to the athletic centre and have a swim? There must be something I can do, I don't want to stay at this weight. I want to lose! I want to be 140 lbs by Monday, that was my goal. And now it looks like it won't happen. I'm so upset! I want to win the April Challenge and get a bracelet and be thin!!

I just looked up tips for getting past the plateau. I already know I don't drink enough water... but I can't stand water! It tastes awful. I hate bottled water because it's bad for the environment and it tastes bad. And the tap water at my school is disgusting. I wish I could drink water, but I just can't. But over and over, these tips are saying to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. I guess I'll try to suck it up and drink it. Ugh.
They also said to eat more, of course. I can't, I have no access to food!

My computer virus is back again, so I'll probably have to venture out into the rain anyway, to take it to the library to be fixed. The administration building is only a bit farther than the library, so I guess I'll check and see if they're open, and if they are I'll get a new card and go get a bunch of veggies. I do not want to be stuck above 140 lbs for the rest of my life! I will reach my UGW!

I made a list of things to do today because I've been so bored since classes ended. Here's my list:
  • write/memorize poetry
  • get a new student card (if possible)
  • put away laundry
  • tidy room
  • wash dishes
  • respond to Michael's e-mail
  • update blog (check!)
  • exercise if possible
  • meet with Amanda to get pottery
  • study English
  • study Women's Studies
  • find more thinspiration pictures to glue into my book
  • read
  • organize digital thinspiration pictures and put them on a flash drive (in case they need to wipe my hard drive or something to get rid of the virus)
  • wash sheets
So I'm going to go get started doing some of these things. Bye!

UPDATE: I went to the administration building and yes, they are indeed closed on weekends. I'm kind of disappointed! I was looking forward to buying a bunch of low-cal veggies to snack on in an attempt to break the plateau. I might end up just getting cash and paying that way... It's more expensive, and it dips into my real money, but I don't want to be stuck at this weight! Normally I wouldn't mind being unable to eat for a few days... in fact, I like it. But according to all of these websites I looked at, the best way to get out of this plateau is to binge, or at least change up how much I'm eating by eating a lot for a day. And if I had my student card, maybe I'd even be able to binge on chips or one of my other craving foods! Although it would probably be bad to eat those things, as I haven't craved them for a while and I don't want to trigger more cravings.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your beautiful thoughts.